Sales Retail Internship (32-40 uur p/w)
About Lowlander & this role
At Lowlander we brew naturally delicious beers with botanicals – herbs, spices, fruit and everything else nature has to offer. It’s our mission to broaden the horizons of beer and flavour with award-winning beers, distinctive campaigns and our clear vision on sustainability.
Enthusiastic, professional, open and with a healthy dose of ‘Dutch directness’ our strong team of Lowlanders ensures Lowlander becomes a must-have beer; bottle by bottle, bar by bar, city by city. In the past 6 years we have grown from solo-experimenting in an Amsterdam kitchen to a full team and distribution in 7000 of the best bars, restaurants and bottle shops and retail stores in 21 countries worldwide.
As sales intern retail you are going to fuel the Lowlander development at the most important Dutch Supermarkets (i.e. Albert Heijn & Jumbo). You will be supporting the retail team while also managing your own relationships with a selected group of store managers and owners. Opening up new sales opportunities, working with existing partners and find clever ways to get more and more consumers excited about our intriguing range of botanically brewed beers.
Are you passionate about beer, food and drinks? Do you have a hands-on mentality and the natural ability to get shit done? And do you want to be part of the adventurous journey to put Lowlander Beer on the map for great tasting beer? Then you might be the enthusiastic intern we are looking for!
A week in the life of:
- Jump in your car, driving around to your appointments at retail accounts, all to make sure you hit your weekly targets.
- Setting up the visibility at retail accounts to make sure the execution of the upcoming promo campaign looks flawless.
- Planning your visits and creating an efficient route to all retail accounts to hit your goal on weekly store visits.
- Heading over to Albert Heijns to sell in the Botanical Explosion CKW’ Displays towards 8 supermarkets.
- Merchandising retail accounts by planning store checks to make sure we have good visibility and shelve position to drive our rate of sale.
- You support the Account Manager Retail Stores where needed and work together to ensure the best results in the retail.
- Answering incoming requests from retail accounts related to Lowlander events, products, or other administrative information
- Plan all activities at retailers using PipeDrive and creating routing via Google Maps
- Noting down and saving all input/feedback/pictures gathered from your appointments at retail accounts in PipeDrive and the Lowlander Google Drive
- Basically, you´ll be here, there, and everywhere representing our beers proudly in the retail market!
- An independently and pro-active attitude and not afraid of making mistakes
- You have an eye for detail, good organisational skills and s smart practical brain
- You are a social savvy and know how, when, where and how to reach our retail accounts & customers during sales drives by phone, email or visits
- A Dutch native speaker and fluency in English (we are an international company)
- A Bachelor education in the direction of business administration, hotel or event management, commercials or business studies alike.
- You feel the passion to put our Lowlander Beer on the map as a unique Dutch beer brand
- Of course, you bring a passion for beer, food and drinks and anything flavour
- You have the possibility to join us fulltime from March/April or August/September 2022, for at least 5 months
What we offer:
- A competitive intern compensation
- A central Amsterdam working location – we are located near the ‘Kauwgomballenfabriek’ close to the Amstel river; our fridge is always stocked with cold Lowlander beers and we regularly plan ‘Botanical Bootcamp’ sessions, quarterly team meetings and Friday drinks
- The chance to be part of an adventure, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- Real responsibility – what you do with it is your decision, but we provide the opportunity to really learn something
- A truly entrepreneurial environment, with real (personal) development opportunities.
- Work with some smart and agile people, in a small, international and diverse team – read about our Lowlander behaviours here.
- Unlimited Botanically Brewed Lowlander Beers (well, at least after working hours!)