Internship User Experience (UX) Research (24-40 hours p/w)
Join our fast-growing tech company that is redefining the future of connecting skills and work globally! At blackbear, you will impact the way work is outsourced by companies while being part of an ambitious, hardworking pack of bears. Are you ready to pull out your claws as a User Experience (UX) Research Intern?
About the team
You will be part of the Tech team, the driving force behind everything we do. This young and ambitious team works hard to ensure our platform runs smoothly, always keeping in mind the end-users. They create business value, drive innovation and love technology. This is done with an unprecedented commitment across product, design and engineering disciplines.
What you will learn
As UX Research Intern you will drive our user research initiatives to uncover actionable insights on how we can improve the new user experience and increase user retention and satisfaction.
More specifically, during this internship you will:
- Work closely together with the Product Owner, Designers, and Engineers.
- Work cross functionally with Customer Success and Marketing.
- Design and execute a comprehensive research plan for blackbear.
- Gain ownership to recruit, schedule and conduct user interviews and usability testing to ensure we have a good monthly rhythm of user input and learning.
- Analyse the results from these interviews and usability tests to uncover patterns and actionable insights.
- Participate in design meetings and contribute with your ideas and insights.
- Potentially participate in creating wireframes and designs for user research and design initiatives.
- Develop user flows and personas to facilitate the design processes.
- Optimizing the information architecture to promote usability while learning to accommodate technical needs and constraints.
- Make a lasting impact by creating components and documentation for our design system.
What you will bring
Aside from the blackbear mindset we look for a match in the following skills and knowledge to strengthen our pack:
- You are available for a 6-month internship from February 2023 onwards.
- Currently, you are in the final phases of getting a degree in Human-Centered Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Design, Computer Science, or other equivalent discipline.
- Your communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are excellent.
- You have a true ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to audiences without technical backgrounds.
- A love for considering another person’s point of view and knowing how to advocate on behalf of the end-users.
- You are comfortable with design tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe Suite, etc.) and Collaboration/Documentation tools (e.g. Notion, Miro or similar).
- If you already have knowledge of reviewing user research and data to build a strategic and user-friendly design, that’s a plus.
- Please share any creative materials demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports, portfolio) if you have these.
- You are available for at least 3 days per week.
- You have English working proficiency, Dutch is a plus.
- You are located in The Netherlands.
What’s in it for you?
You will start together with several other interns. We truly value our interns at blackbear, we work with passion towards our goals and you are key in reaching those.
You will receive a fair internship compensation and a work laptop. Our team will guide you and make sure you learn all you can during your internship.
Together with your assigned mentor you can decide on your learning objectives and work on your school related projects.
At the office we provide healthy lunches, and we love to party. Our Friday afternoon drinks and bear events are legendary! We believe in having a fun, hardworking and passionate team, who celebrate all successes, big or small.
Little bear about us
A typical bear is open, unique, people-oriented, and passionate. We offer companies the digital solution to output-driven outsourcing. With our product we enable Solvers to generate an income remotely. We guarantee companies that our Solvers deliver a high-quality result on their projects and motivate this by paying Solvers for delivered output, instead of hours worked.
We have a beautiful, large office where we love meeting each other, but hybrid working is definitely an option within blackbear.
Having such an ambitious and adaptable team of colleagues means that there is always a great internal project to work on or a process to improve. We offer you the opportunity to create a meaningful impact on what blackbear will become over the next few years.
All our bears work with complete passion and dedication towards reaching the same goal: To turn blackbear into the most awesome product in the world. Together we’ll make it happen. By working hard and celebrating our successes we will turn blackbear into the go-to solution for hassle-free outsourcing on a global scale – that’s the blackbear mindset.
Great organizations are built on great people and we want to hire the best people. At blackbear we embrace diversity and encourage everybody to join our team.