Who are we?
Tradus is a global marketplace for used heavy machinery and commercial vehicles… but we’re not just any marketplace: Our mission is to disrupt the way people trade heavy machinery – which is traditional, old fashioned and old school. We disrupt by creating innovative edges around Big Data and smart machine learning technologies to develop a new experience for users all around the world… empowering them to open up the world of international trade – by making transactions more efficient and transparent.
We are a small multicultural team working in a cool office in Amsterdam. We’re focused on building a product our customers love, we value speed over perfection, creativity and risk-taking vs processes and control, and above all we hold ourselves accountable to the growth of Tradus.
We are constantly on the lookout for interns:
- For marketing positions to build our buyer brand and create solid awareness of our techie edge.
- For data science positions to drive our data insights and machine learning applications to the next level
- For Business Analyst/insights positions to be our in-house consultant advising on strategic next moves.
Your heart beats for heavy machinery, ideally trucks &/ agri? You grew up on a farm – on a construction site – or sat behind the wheel of a truck many times already? You are curious about marketplace models and international trade? You are a student or graduate and eager to join us for 3-6 months? You are looking for a summer internship with full responsibility, a steep learning curve and a multicultural environment? You love to be part of a team – but equally love to push yourself and deliver your individual contribution?
Your contribution will involve:
- Work closely with our teams on growing and enhancing Tradus day-to-day operations
- Run data-driven analyses to identify potential levers for improvement
- Roll out of our Tradus Market Value (TMV) machine learning tool to the agri and construction category
- Build and execute marketing strategies to build brand awareness of Tradus in our key markets
- Conduct buyer and seller interviews to gather key industry insights
- Supporting other projects across the business (e.g.employment branding in HR)
What it takes to join us:
- Fluent in English (Any other language a bonus; our customers are global and we have 16 different Nationalities in our office!)
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about heavy machinery (think trucks, excavators, all things heavy)
- Data-savvy and competent with excel
- You want to get a cross-functional understanding of a business
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and help out (we don’t have job descriptions)
- A self-starter who will proactively find places to add value (we don’t micromanage here)
- Allowed to work in The Netherlands (we are unable to sponsor visas for non-EU citizens)
- This is not your first job (you have worked in a company setting before in your life)
What you will get from us:
- Join a startup that is at the verge of a scale-up – and drive projects which directly impact the success
- Direct access to our leadership team and founders
- Free lunch & snacks Mon – Thurs (all the sandwiches and salads your heart desires)
- Transport allowance (cash or OV BusinessKart)
- Internship compensation
Commitment: This is a full time paid internship for a period of 3-6 months, with the possibility to extend based on availability & performance. Start and end dates of this internship are flexible and will be set based on the candidate’s availability and business need.
Send your resume and cover letter (mention the internship you apply for) via this form!