Does your brain thrive on challenges? We have a business development challenge you can not only thrive in, but also own the successes of.
If you are an ambitious student looking to for a challenging internship to give you a taste of what a career in a growing technology company would be like and expose you to a network of the top people in higher education, apply to become our next International Business Development Intern.
INTERNSHIP · AMSTERDAM
We believe that to face the challenges of modern society, education needs to cultivate constructive critical thinking worldwide. This is why our team is on a mission to help teachers with facilitating new, engaging and interactive learning methods in their courses.
In practice, we do that by co-creating apps together with the leading universities in the Netherlands and beyond as part of a EdTech Consortium. We bridge the gap between technology and educational science and make both accessible to the teachers, looking to improve their education.
As a Business Development intern on our team, you will gain invaluable experience in growing new international markets. You will work with reactive and active sales funnels, identify and build relationships with the top management of educational institutions by the likes of Harvard and MIT. In this role, you will need exceptional communication skills, persistence in following up and talent to understand the true needs of stakeholders. Your ultimate objective is to be the driver behind bringing innovative and high impact learning activities to university teachers and students worldwide.
- Work the funnels! Call, set up and give product demos (online or in person), qualify leads, follow up with stakeholders in the sales process, make proposals, brochures and price quotations
- Experience the end to end process of our reactive international funnels, from first contact and demos to closing
- Lead the proactive funnel in a specific area, covering from researching leads like Directors of Education or Innovation & Technology to being part of the negotiations with universities legal departments and closing
- Learn from our commercial team and collaborate with our CEO Ewoud de Kok on the higher level strategy and the late funnel stages
A FeedbackFruits intern doesn’t make coffee! You will be given the freedom and real responsibilities and will be expected to learn continuously and live up to your potential as any other person on our team.
- You are passionate about education, technology, and growing businesses
- You are curious and hungry for learning
- You have communication skills out of this world
- You are the first to follow up, not scared to hold people accountable and love getting things done
- Are not salesy and can get in the pedagogy and didactics mindset in no time
- You seek constructive criticism and being direct and open with others
- You are flexible e.g. calls with Australia or US at very early or late times of the day
- You are a HBO/WO student, based in Amsterdam or Randstad and available full-time for a 6 months experience internship starting January/February
Bonus points for:
- You have experience with client facing role e.g. sales, customer success/support
- You have experienece in a B2B market
- You have experience as part of an education providing or student organization
What happens now?
Apply! Send your cover letter and resume via this form!