Internship: Enable use of green energy by control and optimization of demand-side flexibility
The increase of renewables results in volatility and unpredictability of energy prices. Adapting the demand-side is a financial opportunity for industrial companies and saves a lot of emissions compared to grid-balancing by gas and coal-fired plants. We are building a real-time optimizer that optimally controls a decentralized energy production unit. As our optimization intern you will help us build a real-time optimal decision-making tool. The tool will be the connecting dot between the asset, the factory demand, energy markets and our own machine-learning
You will help us build a prototype software and if resources allow even implement it. The goal of the prototype is to improve the current optimization strategy, professionalize the current approach and do real-time optimization. The responsibilities could include (but are not limited to) modelling the asset and cost function, integrating data from energy markets and build the optimizer. If time allows, you help making a GUI in collaboration with the customer.
- Background in engineering, energy and/or data sciences
- Affinity with energy/ optimization problems/ operational research
- Experience in programming (mostly Python)
- Ability to work in a self-sufficient manner
- Eager to make mistakes and receive feedback
- Internship 4 – 6 months
- Give you the opportunity to create impact by working in clean-tech
- Give you the opportunity to apply university skills on a real-world problem
- Taste the start-up atmosphere with minimal hierarchies, quick decision-making and room for creativity
- Reimbursement of internship & travel expenses to our offices in Amsterdam or Ede
- We are hiring: possibility of part-time/full-time engagement after the internship
Send your cover letter and resume via this form!