Sales & Events Internship (32-40 uur p/w)
About Lowlander & this role
At Lowlander we brew naturally delicious beers with botanicals – herbs, spices, fruit and everything else nature has to offer. It’s our mission to broaden the horizons of beer and flavour with award-winning beers, distinctive campaigns and our clear vision on sustainability.
Enthusiastic, professional, open and with a healthy dose of ‘Dutch directness’ our strong team of Lowlanders ensures Lowlander becomes a must-have beer; bottle by bottle, bar by bar, city by city. In the past 5 years we have grown from solo-experimenting in an Amsterdam kitchen to a full team and distribution in 7000 of the best bars, restaurants and bottle shops in 21 countries worldwide.
Are you passionate about beer, food and drinks? Do you have a hands-on mentality and the natural ability to get shit done? And do you want to be part of the adventurous journey to put Lowlander Beer on the map for great tasting beer? Then you might be the enthusiastic intern we are looking for!
A day in the life of
- Full of pride you share the Lowlander stories of beer, botanicals and bravery ; either via email, training for barstaff or at trade & consumer events.
- You come up with initiatives for (online & offline) sales growth, i.e. through new business channels.
- You answer all kinds of customer inquiries from all over the Netherlands; both by mail, telephone and in real life.
- Together with the Country Manager you create content for sales folders or newsletters to ensure stockists, potential stockists and suppliers are aware off our NPD’s and sales promotions.
- Our Brand Ambassadors can count on you for day to day sales support like updating our CRM system, online store locator, instore or event sampling, or by merchandizing outlets
- You are truly part of the sales crew and help selling & motivating bartenders and bar owners to work with Lowlander Beers during one of our sales drives along beach accounts, retail stores or during a city approach.
- You brainstorm along with the Lowlander Sales crew on activations, new beers, food pairings, activations and other innovative ideas.
- As our Chief Stocking Officer you make sure the office fridge is always stuffed with cold Lowlander Beers.
- Creative Thinking. You will need to be totally proactive at coming up with ideas for growth for our beers. You’ll need to be able to think big.
- An independently and pro-active attitude (and not afraid of making mistakes).
- You are a social savvy and know how, when, where and how to reach our guests & customers during events, sales drives by phone or via email
- Deliver the details. We don’t do small goals. To be part of our team you must be prepared to give it everything you’ve got, we’re looking for you to deliver!
- A desire to be part of our crew and our adventurous journey to put Lowlander Beer on the map as a unique Dutch beer brand.
- A Bachelor education in the direction of hotel or event management, commercials, business studies or hospitality.
- A smart, practical brain that gets shit done.
- Too much energy and motivated to work hard.
- A Dutch native speaker and fluency in English (we are an international company)
- Well-structured and independent way of working
- A passion for beer, food and drinks.
- A competitive intern compensation.
- A central Amsterdam working location.
- A chance to be part of something new and exciting, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- Unlimited Lowlander Beer (well at least after working hours!)
- Working with a young, passionate and smart crew of people.
- Real responsibility – what you do with it is your decision but we provide the opportunity to really learn something.