Sales Ambassador (40 uur p/w)
About Lowlander & this role
At Lowlander we brew naturally delicious beers with botanicals – herbs, spices, fruit and everything else nature has to offer. It’s our mission to broaden the horizons of beer and flavour with award-winning beers, distinctive campaigns and our clear vision on sustainability.
Enthusiastic, professional, open and with a healthy dose of ‘Dutch directness’ our strong team of Lowlanders ensures Lowlander becomes a must-have beer; bottle by bottle, bar by bar, city by city. In the past 6 years we have grown from solo-experimenting in an Amsterdam kitchen to a full team and distribution in 7000 of the best bars, restaurants and bottle shops in 21 countries worldwide.
We are on a mission to broaden the horizons of beer. We are going to become a must stock beer here in our home market the Lowlands (Netherlands); one bottle, one bar, one city at the time. As our brand ambassador you are responsible for bringing to life Lowlander Beer in bars, restaurants & retail. You will talk to and approach new accounts who want to stock Lowlander. Work with our existing accounts and support them with activations, trainings and point of sale material. And get others excited to sell on your behalf.
A day in the life of:
- Running around, jumping on your bike or in the car, all to make sure you can hit your weekly target of new accounts.
- Setting up the activation for this weekend’s beertails event in one of our flagship bars.
- Heading over to a new account to train a group of bartenders so they can recommend Lowlander.
- Spending time with wholesalers to get them as excited about Lowlander as you are.
- Talking to one of your regional sales colleagues about the sales drive which you are organising next week.
- Merchandising bars or retail accounts to make sure we have good visibility to drive our rate of sale.
- Update your planning and admin!
- Basically, you’ll be here, there and everywhere in Amsterdam and other key cities proudly representing our beers in the market.
You are good at (tick the boxes below):
- Working with focus and discipline, managing complexity, juggling 1001 things coming at you.
- Building lasting relationships with like-minded businesses.
- Working independently, taking the lead, being proactive.
- Drinking beer, pairing beer with food
- or making beertails – or all of the above!
You have (must haves)
- Prior experience in Horeca sales and you can talk, full of pride, about what you have achieved
- Passion for and knowledge of craft beer
- An active network with key decision makers in the On Trade in one of the following key cities: Tilburg, Breda and the province Zeeland.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- A burning desire to be part of something exciting, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- A flexible schedule, this is not a 9 to 5 job!
- Too much energy and no issues with working hard!
- Dutch native speaker but you can also communicate in English (we are an international organisation)
What we offer
- The chance to be part of an adventure, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- A truly entrepreneurial environment, where you get the freedom but are expected to deal with the responsibilities which in turn will drive your (personal) development opportunities.
- Work with some smart and agile people, in a small, international and diverse team – read about our Lowlander behaviours here.
- Unlimited Botanically Brewed Lowlander Beers!