Marketing & Activation Internship (32-40 uur p/w)
At Lowlander we brew naturally delicious beers with botanicals – or herbs, spices, fruit and everything else nature has to offer us. Since the Netherlands or ‘Low Lands’ is a land below sea level, we Dutch grow up with a healthy respect for nature. That power of nature, combined with a little bit of ingenuity, creates limitless possibilities. Our purpose is to broaden the horizons of beer and flavour with award winning, botanically brewed beers, distinctive campaigns and activations and our vision on sustainability.
Enthusiastic, professional, transparent and with a healthy dose of ‘Dutch directness’, our strong team of Lowlanders ensures that Lowlander becomes a must have beer; bottle by bottle, bar by bar, city by city. In five years, Lowlander Beer has grown from experimenting in an Amsterdam kitchen to a team of almost 20 people and our botanically brewed beers are available in over 4000 of the best bars, restaurants and retailers in 21 different countries in Europe and beyond.
To ensure Lowlander Beer can continue to grow at the same pace (and faster), we are looking for an all-round Marketing & Activation intern. Together with our marketing team you are responsible for the execution of our campaigns; event & activation project management and delivering Point Of Sale materials. Thanks to your independent, ‘getting-shit-done’ attitude; good organisational skills and eye for detail, our team of Lowlanders and our customers can always count on ‘fast service with a smile’.
A week in the life of:
- For our next activation you source a customizable greenhouse on wheels / mobile billboard / press boxes / (fill in the blanks). And keep a clear list of pros, con’s, lead times, costs so we can make a considered decision.
- You spend a day fixing, packing and sending 120 edible Valentine’s bouquets.
- For our next campaign, you support in setting up an offline event; from planning and a script to all materials needed.
- You support our sales team in setting up events such as pop-up dinners at their accounts; from getting the event- and ticket link live on our website to delivering table decoration.
- You organise, run and evaluate (live or online) focus group sessions to collect as much valuable feedback on a specific subject as possible.
- You brainstorm along with the Lowlander crew on new beers, food pairings, activations and other innovative ideas.
- Together with our sales support team you ensure brand presentations for the sales team are always up to date.
- You support with maintaining our website (WordPress) and (outsourced) webshop (WooCommerce)
- As our Chief Stocking Officer you ensure our office fridge is always stocked with cold Lowlanders ;-).
- For you, a successful internship means you’re learning, doing and daring. You truly want to be part of a team.
- You have an independent and pro-active attitude (and are not afraid of making mistakes).
- You have an eye for detail, good organisational skills and a smart, practical brain.
- Your English is proficient, both verbal and written (we are an international company).
- You have too much energy and are motivated to get shit done.
- You feel the passion to put Lowlander Beer on the map as a unique Dutch beer brand.
- Of course, you bring a passion for beer, food, drinks and anything flavour.
- You have a Bachelor education in the direction of marketing, events, business studies, leisure/ hospitality.
- You have the possibility to join us fulltime from March/April or August/September 2022, for at least 5 months (preferably no graduation assignment or research).
What we offer:
- A chance to be part of an exciting adventure, building one of the fastest growing companies & brands.
- Working with a small and young yet professional, diverse and ‘gezellig’ team (read more about us and our Lowlander values here)
- Real responsibility – what you do with it is your decision, but we provide the opportunity to really learn something.
- An inspiring work environment: we are located in the ‘Kauwgomballenfabriek’ close to the Amstel river; our fridge is always stocked with cold Lowlander beers and we regularly plan ‘Botanical Bootcamp’ sessions, quarterly team meetings and Friday drinks.
- Competitive compensation.
- Unlimited Lowlander beers (well at least after working hours).