JOB: Business Development Representative (40 uur p/w)
At AIHR we’re looking for a Business Development Rep to join our team.
Full-time · Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Do you love to not just sell, but create value? Do you want to be challenged, fail fast and often, and learn continuously? Do you want to be mentored and supported by an awesome team of sales professionals with exceptional expertise and diverse backgrounds? Do you thrive in B2B sales and want to be the driver behind loads of new leads, growing our sales pipelines and helping top HR leaders to up-skill their teams? AIHR is looking for a Business Development Rep. Join us and work to future-proof the skills of HR professionals worldwide with our online academy.
At the Academy to Innovate HR (AIHR), it is our mission to make human resources (HR) future-proof by offering world-class, online education programs available anywhere, anytime. We are the leading online academy in Human Resources with a global (120+ countries) customer base, consisting of companies like Unilever, Goldman Sachs, Philips, EY, and UBS.
We are an international team of 35+ people with 18 different nationalities! All of us are driven by excellence, innovation, and hunger to grow in everything we do. As such, we strive to provide high-quality courses and excellent support to our customers, while continuously optimizing every aspect of our work. Our team is international, yet we all share a few traits: we’re friendly, enthusiastic, and great team players. Our work is customer-focused, results-driven, and very hands-on.
As a Business Development Rep you play a vital role in the growth and success of our sales team. You will be responsible for growing our sales pipeline and booking meetings with some of the top level people in the HR industry. Meanwhile you will be personally mentored by our Sales Director. Your goal in the role is to generate Sales Accepted Leads (SALs). You do this by:
- Qualifying inbound leads (MQLs)
- Generating outbound leads through cold calling, social selling and email campaigns
- Challenging HR Directors, VPs and other Senior Managers
- Attending online events
A typical day in the job…
You arrive at the office in the morning. After a brief chat with your colleagues, you grab a cup of coffee, start your computer, check your calendar for meetings, and prepare the day by writing down your top 3 goals for the day.
Your 3 goals are:
- Have a successful meeting with BMW, a lead that booked a meeting with you.
- Book at meeting with a VP of HR.
- Send out 10 messages to your top leads at Nike.
Afterwards you open Hubspot (our CRM and single source of truth) and start preparing your meeting with BMW that’s in half an hour. You research the people you will be meeting, prepare the questions you want to ask, and conduct the meeting.
Success! They loved your story and want to set up a next meeting to talk further. You update Hubspot and get a high five from the Sales Director who overheard some amazing questions you asked.
You then open up LinkedIn where you have a couple of messages waiting for you. You reached out to some VPs the other day and they asked some tough questions. They want to know why they should talk to you and what they will get out of the conversation. You confidently reply to 7 messages, hoping that someone will bite.
Time for lunch! You and the team have a (free) lunch in the office and laugh about your colleagues’ plans for the weekend. They are weird, and it’s funny.
After lunch you come back to your desk to find that one VP said they were open to a meeting. BAM! Second success of the day.
You spend the rest of the day researching prospects at Nike and sending them relevant messages. By 4PM you have sent out 20 messages already and feel like cold calling a bit. You know that 50% of the time someone picks up you will be able to book a meeting and are confident. Within an hour you have booked 3 meetings and you feel on top of the world. And rightfully so, because you crushed your goals for the day.
End of the day and it’s Friday, we gather with a drink online for our weekly team activity and you get to know better the new colleagues who recently joined and the rest of the team. Although we all work very hard to make the company grow, we like to relax and enjoy our joint success.
What an awesome week it was again!
Who you are
We’re looking for someone ambitious, impact driven, energetic and proactive, with:
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Sales Development Rep/Business Development Rep
- Demonstrable experience prospecting via phone and social media
- Experience qualifying incoming leads using a qualification methodology
- Fluent in English
- A life long learner: you embrace failing as you know it’s the best way to learn and progress.
- Bold. You are opinionated and are not afraid to share your thoughts, even if people might disagree.
- You have a high level of energy
- Proactive and a high sense of responsibility.
- Competitive, but also a great team player.
- A deep inner desire to make an impact
- A key role in changing the HR industry
- Competitive compensation with quarterly bonus structure;
- The opportunity to shape your own day-to-day work;
- Flexible working hours, and the possibility to occasionally work from home
- A high degree of autonomy in a vibrant, result-driven, inclusive, and international team
- A beautiful COVID-safe office right across Rotterdam Central Station
- A key role in a fast-growing scale-up company
- Free lunch every day (we order in on Fridays), weekly drinks, monthly dinners, and fun team activities
- Personal development budget, training, and we pay for the books you read!
- An opportunity to change the HR industry
Apply for the job
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women tend to only apply when they meet 100% of them. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point above, please still apply. We’d love to consider you and see if you could be a great fit.
Send your resume and personal cover letter (1A4) via this form