Investment Analyst (40 uur p/w)
Committed Capital is one of the best performing private equity funds in the lower end of the mid-market. In 2020 they raised Fund III which is partly invested, and they are already looking forward to raising Fund IV in 2023/2024. They are looking to strengthen the team with an investment analysts. Do you already have some experience (internship or as analyst) within the investment industry/CF or strategy consultancy? Are you sociable, analytical and entrepreneurial?
Company Profile, fund information and investment criteria
Committed Capital’s newly renovated office is located in the Eastern part of Amsterdam. The team can be described as accessible, down to earth and ambitious. Humble but with a winning mentality. In short; Entrepreneurial!
- Committed is active in the lower end of the Dutch mid-market (targets have revenues of c. €5-25m with a EBITDA of €1-5M).
- Their investment focus is to team up with great companies and support these in their next phase of growth and professionalism.
- They differentiate themselves and specialize in an active involvement in building a winning team; e.g. replacing the founder and hiring a professional management team to reduce dependencies and bring a company to the next level.
- Targets are always profitable companies with a track-record and clear opportunities for growth (e.g. organic growth, expansion in new markets in- or outside Europe, buy-and-build).
- Committed is currently investing from its latest fund III (€55M), having fully invested Funds I & II and already realized several excellent (high money multiples) exits.
What makes Committed Capital a highly desired place to work?
- Track Record: Committed Capital is one the highest performing funds at the lower end of the mid-market.
- Good Deal Flow: Typically, on a yearly basis, the investment team looks at some 300 investment opportunities. The investment pace of Fund III will continue into successive funds. Many of the investments lend themselves to a buy and build strategy where the analyst can get a lot of exposure and responsibility. Expect 2-3 platform deals per year plus numerous addon investments.
- Hands-on: The investment team works together with their portfolio in a hands-on, accountable, energetic and transparent way. Every team member takes significant responsibility and gets ample room to accelerate their own growth. Typically, an analyst has direct exposure to management teams from day 1.
- Sector Expertise: Committed Capital has closed over 25 transactions and has developed expertise in ICT, health, TIC, wholesale, manufacturing and E-Commerce.
- Team Growth: The Committed Capital team currently consists of 10 investment professionals (2 x partners, 2 investment director, 3 x (senior) investment managers, 2 x (senior) associates and 1 x analysts with diverse high-profile backgrounds
(Financial DD, audit, strategy consulting, leveraged finance and Private Equity). In the short term they will add two investment analysts bringing the investment team to 12 FTE. The team is supported by an office / compliance manager and a finance manager. A small but growing fund has further advantages: 1) You can get more responsibility 2) Exposure: You have visible impact 3) With exceptional performance you can grow to the next level quicker.
- Culture: Your team members are ambitious, have a sense of humor and can easily make contact/build bridges with interested parties (portfolio, DGA’s external advisors). Teamwork is extremely important at Committed. They regularly meet on Friday for an after work “borrel”. Every year they plan a trip for 3-4 days (examples of Scotland, Norway to do cycling, kayaking, kitesurfing); always a lot of fun.
- Strong onboarding and training process: There is a structured approach to your hard (and soft skills) development. Committed has developed an inhouse structured development programme where all aspects of PE are covered. So a rapid onboarding and an extremely steep learning curve is ensured. Also you have many opportunities to work and learn from most of the team members (with their different backgrounds each sharing their specific expertise and knowledge).
- Not just about making money: Committed cares about its team members, their portfolio companies and the peoples they deal with. They value the softer side of doing business and focus on fostering honest, meaningful longer-term relationships. A result of this is a great return on investment, not necessarily the objective.
- Tip: If you go on an interview; pay attention to the unusual tombstones of Committed Capital. “A picture paints a thousand words”.
What you’ll be doing
In the role of investment analyst your primary focus will be:
- Support Origination and execution of new deals
- Work closely with management teams to implement, monitor and realize initiatives that significantly generate value to portfolio companies. On day one you will be allocated to several portfolio companies.
In summary, but not limited to:
Deal flow and execution
- Deal origination (researching companies)
- Support Execution of deals: Complete individual work streams (e.g. Deal evaluation, financial modelling, valuation, financing, commercial due diligence, witness SPA negotiations).
- Committed Capital places a lot of emphasis on human due diligence. Do they trust the DGA to be able to deliver?
- Human capital e.g. support building a winning management team
- Reporting: Set up financial and KPI reporting and support portfolio meetings with management team
- Working directly with portfolio management team to identify growth opportunities, implement strategy & operational plans, initiate buy-and-build or organic growth activities
- Support execution of refinancing, add-ons and exits
- Support in fundraising preparation and investor relation activities
- General marketing and operational activities
What do you need?
- Strong academic background: Masters in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering etc.)
- 0 (min 2 x relevant internships) to 2 years of work experience in Private Equity, M&A, Corporate Development or strategy consulting. Considered a top-performer by their peers
- Has expertise in excel and ppt and has a passion for business models (value drivers and business case analysis)
- Soft skills; driven, energetic, commercial (“gun-factor”), professional, street-smart (but honest & trustworthy!), authentic and fun to work with
- Native Dutch and fluent in English
Vragen over deze vacature?
Contact Sascha | email@example.com | 06 182 00559
Vragen over deze vacature?
Contact Sascha: firstname.lastname@example.org
06 182 00559