Internship Quality Assurance (QA) (24-40 hours p/w)
Join our fast-growing tech company that is redefining the future of connecting skills and work globally! At blackbear, you will impact the way work is outsourced by companies while being part of an ambitious, hardworking pack of bears. Are you ready to pull out your claws as a Quality Assurance (QA) Intern?
About the team
You will be part of the Tech team, the driving force behind everything we do. This young and ambitious team works hard to ensure our platform runs smoothly, always keeping in mind the end-users. They create business value, drive innovation and love technology. This is done with an unprecedented commitment across product, design and engineering disciplines.
What you will learn
As Quality Assurance you will maintain and improve the blackbear platform experience. During this internship we will trust you with a lot of responsibilities regarding the quality and all features on our platform, since you will execute all test coverage, create test plans, validate designs and highlight risk qualities.
More specifically, during this internship you will:
- Work closely with our designers, engineers, and our product owner.
- Participate in the continuous development and evolution of our testing framework.
- Write and maintain up to date test cases and scenarios.
- Design, code and document automated test cases within the defined framework that ensure the quality of our product.
- Gain responsibility over regression testing to detect defects in existing functions.
- Learn all there is to know about analysing our existing platform for areas of improvement.
- Work together with the Product Owner and engineers to detect bugs and defects and determine their root causes.
- Gain experience in working in an agile environment and in collaborating with different disciplines to improve quality.
- Have a true impact by providing feedback on content and the code that the Tech team develops, improving methods of test execution at a team-level, and evolving automated tests to achieve higher test throughput.
What you will bring
Aside from the blackbear mindset we look for a match in the following skills and knowledge to strengthen our pack:
- You are available for a 6-month internship from February 2023 onwards.
- Currently, you are in the final phases of computer science-, or ICT related studies.
- You have a true interest in Quality Assurance and already have knowledge of its fundamentals and theory.
- You thrive on collaboration and are passionate about creating and supporting great products.
- Web development processes are well-known to you.
- If you have previous experience in software development or testing, that’s a plus.
- You are available for at least 3 days per week.
- You have English working proficiency.
- You are located in The Netherlands.
What’s in it for you?
You will start together with several other interns. We truly value our interns at blackbear, we work with passion towards our goals and you are key in reaching those.
You will receive a fair internship compensation and a work laptop. Our team will guide you and make sure you learn all you can during your internship.
Together with your assigned mentor you can decide on your learning objectives and work on your school related projects.
At the office we provide healthy lunches, and we love to party. Our Friday afternoon drinks and bear events are legendary! We believe in having a fun, hardworking and passionate team, who celebrate all successes, big or small.
Little bear about us
A typical bear is open, unique, people-oriented, and passionate. We offer companies the digital solution to output-driven outsourcing. With our product we enable Solvers to generate an income remotely. We guarantee companies that our Solvers deliver a high-quality result on their projects and motivate this by paying Solvers for delivered output, instead of hours worked.
We have a beautiful, large office where we love meeting each other, but hybrid working is definitely an option within blackbear.
Having such an ambitious and adaptable team of colleagues means that there is always a great internal project to work on or a process to improve. We offer you the opportunity to create a meaningful impact on what blackbear will become over the next few years.
All our bears work with complete passion and dedication towards reaching the same goal: To turn blackbear into the most awesome product in the world. Together we’ll make it happen. By working hard and celebrating our successes we will turn blackbear into the go-to solution for hassle-free outsourcing on a global scale – that’s the blackbear mindset.
Great organizations are built on great people and we want to hire the best people. At blackbear we embrace diversity and encourage everybody to join our team.