INTERNSHIP: Marketing and Sales at Check6
Check6 is a fresh and innovative FinTech company that delivers data solutions for the financial sector. We are based in Breda, London, and Gdansk. Our platform provides services related to data processing, data analysis, and data visualization. We make use of the newest possibilities in data analysis, security, and cloud technologies to build and maintain our ecosystem.
When you enter our tech-office in Breda, you will immediately feel the positive energy that is at the core of the company. In an environment without walls or dividers, we are truly an open and transparent tech firm that values all input from all sides. We embrace diversity and weirdness, creativity, and people’s opinions. Yes, we work hard and sometimes late, but we also have fun and share our experiences and ideas. We also like to celebrate our achievements with team events, beer, and food! We are looking for new colleagues who feel at home in this atmosphere.
How we work
In our journey to become the best fintech company in the world, we work closely with several key players in the financial sector. In cooperation with these players, Check6 has a unique position to bring innovation to the financial world and to set modern standards for the collection, processing, and distribution of financial information. On a daily basis, you will work closely with Hella who is responsible for sales and marketing, and Henk Jan the business manager of Check6.
Considering the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic we are working from home as much as possible. Every morning the operations, the sales and marketing, and the development team have a stand-up. To update each other on what they are working on and what they will be tackling that day. You will be attending the operations stand up every morning as this will give you insight into the daily successes and challenges.
We are always looking for creative minds to tackle the various successes/challenges we encounter along the way, and to leave a mark on the global financial landscape. You will be responsible for building the future of our amazing company and be part of revolutionizing the way people look at financial data. So, your delivered work will be used in the company to take it to the next level!
We are willing to be flexible and help you get the most out of your internship with regard to the assignments you have for school and projects we would like you to complete! So, with that vision in mind we have listed some daily/monthly activities and bigger projects below:
- Content development and sharing industry-related content in various ways;
- Website and blog optimization;
- Having coffee breaks with Hella and Henk Jan;
- Analyzing the results of the content distributed;
- Creation of visualizations for the website, blog, and social media channels.
- Project: Research
We currently have several research projects running. We would like to continue and expand these. More information about these projects can be given during an interview.
- Project: Own interpretation
We like to be flexible, so the last project would be yours to come up with. Maybe you have a great idea, project, or thought which will bring Check6 to the next level. We would love to hear your opinion!
What we offer
Check6 provides opportunities for people to grow their personal skills and technical knowledge; to be part of a family of passionate problem solvers. We believe that bright minds and team effort are the resources to build technical solutions for the future. We achieve this through personal training, knowledge sessions, enabling technical courses, and visiting conferences.
- Flexibility and responsibility to develop, create, execute, and analyze your own ideas.
- Colleagues with different backgrounds, so that there is always someone to help you out or to answer a question.
- The possibility, if you live in Breda, to work in our office. (Yes! There is plenty of space for social distancing).
- Internship compensation.
- If you want to do a graduation internship with us, there is the possibility of a contract offer afterward.
Find out more about the internship requirements below!
- You follow a relevant Bachelor/Master education, in the direction of marketing, sales, communication, or something similar;
- Our team is a combination of Dutch-speaking and English-speaking. We are looking for someone who is at least fluent in both speaking and writing English. Speaking / Writing Dutch is not a must, but an advantage;
- Willingness and ability to work with all layers of the company, from the business manager up to the developers;
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) or being able to work well with Canva is an advantage, but not a hard requirement;
- Knowledge of social media marketing;
- Knowledge of content and/or inbound marketing;
- Knowledge about HubSpot Marketing Suite is an advantage, but not a hard requirement.
NOTE EU working rights are required (Either you have EU Citizenship or you are studying in the Netherlands)
If you do not meet the requirements exactly, but you do believe that you are a great fit: give it a shot and contact us anyway!
Send your resume and a professional and personal cover letter (1A4) via this form