Internship Innovation Scouting (32-40 uur p/w)
Venture IQ is a scale-up that assists corporates and venture capital funds to find, screen and analyze technology companies to partner with or invest in. Our cutting-edge software Catalist helps us do this as efficiently as possible. Venture IQ was founded in Amsterdam, in 2015, and we are now serving a growing number of leading Corporate Companies and Venture Capital Funds in various industries. We’re a team of 8 full timers and 6 flexible part timers.
Are you our new Intern?
As an intern at Venture IQ you will be at the forefront of helping innovation make its way to the world. You scout new promising tech start-ups for our clients. Your primary role will be to generate interesting dealflow by looking for the next startup gem while being supported by our in-house developed software tool to scout early stage tech startups.
Together with our team, you will be working for investment- and innovation teams of leading corporates and venture capital funds. You will learn about our clients’ strategies and find out which tech/innovation trends are visible in several sectors and who the most exciting pioneers are. You will learn to assess technology companies using our proprietary tools and link them to corporate strategies. Throughout your internship you will get more and more responsibilities in scouting projects.
We appreciate open-minded, self-starting independent colleagues who are curious to learn about new technologies / innovations. As an intern you have a client-first mindset, continuously looking for new ways and methods to find and analyse companies that match our client’s requirements. Former Innovation Analysts have found analytical positions in the investment community, strategy consulting and technical roles, such as HAL Investments, NPM Capital, Accenture and Vortex Capital Partners.
- Scouting targeted companies for clients, i.e. searching for companies using proprietary Venture IQ software and tools, as well as third party tools and databases
- Using Venture IQs ‘Catalist’ to create company profiles including relevant tags, and company collections for Venture IQ and for its clients
- Gathering data on companies that have been identified for the purpose of ranking and screening companies
- Helping with interviews with the management teams of selected companies
- Data analysis & visualization
- Preparing meetings and presentations for clients
- Various external interactions with (potential) clients, including business development activities, project kick-off meetings, update meetings and presentations
- We stimulate our intern, if interested to take ownership over an internal project you are interested in (this could also be process, HR, Sales, Marketing related)
- Third year Bachelors or Master Student
- Strong academic record, minimum GPA: 8
- Full-time availability for at least 5 months
- Has excellent communication skills and is fluent in English
- We are looking for are highly analytical and independent person who is accurate and disciplined in their way of working
- You love innovations and new technologies and are eager to learn about them
- Extracurricular activities are a pre (e.g. student consultancy, board member)
- Starting date: August / September 2022
- A competitive internship compensation
- We help you grow in company assessment- and deal scouting techniques
- You will be able to learn from highly experienced VC professionals whilst having a high level of operational freedom
- Gaining knowledge in the many different fields: biotech, (agri)food, energy, chemical, engineering, financial and more
- You will be working in a high energy working environment in the heart of Amsterdam
- Great lunches including our homemade salad bar (only outside of lockdowns of course)
- As a small team we are open to your ideas and we stimulate you to think along in our operations and business development outside of technology scouting as well (think: sales, marketing, HR, software products)
- We organize bi-monthly workshops by and for the team