mOOvement is looking for a data analyst intern
We are an agtech start-up looking to optimize the food sector. mOOvement uses IoT technology to create a world where food is produced in a smart, productive, and sustainable manner. In this light we designed a GPS cattle tracking ear tag to optimize beef production in extensive countries across the globe. As more and more cows get connected to the internet we collect data that we will turn into valuable insights.
We are a small, but young and dynamic team consisting of 11 professionals. Initially, mOOvement begun as a corporate start-up firm within Rabobank and has a currently teams in both Australia (Brisbane) and The Netherlands (Utrecht). Product introduction in Australia is planned in Q1 2020.
At this stage we have tagged 3,500 head of cattle. Once we go live the number of connected cows will increase rapidly. We are looking for an intern who can helps us analyzing data and set-up an easy to use format so we are able to run queries quicker in the future.
You will start the internship in the Netherlands, in which the team in Utrecht gets you up to speed within two weeks. During these two weeks, we will guide you through our databases and you will start analyzing data. Once you are up to speed you will work for 3 months closely with our CTO based in Brisbane, Australia.
- Monitor our product performance on a daily basis
- Analyze data from our GPS tags and gateways
- Find patterns in the data as basis for recommendations for improving our product performance
- Build an easy to use format for quicker data analyses in the future
- Around 20% of the time you will help our Head of Operations with onboarding new customers and technical troubleshooting – Write a manual for troubleshooting
We are looking for someone who:
- Is willing to spend 3 months in Brisbane, Australia – Bachelor or master degree at University
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Experience in data analysis
- Has a good English working proficiency
- Pro-active and willing to help where necessary
Our ideal candidate has:
- A study background in data analysis
- A degree / final phase at a (technical) university
What we offer:
- Being part of an exciting international team
- Working on hardware and software innovation for the global Food and Agri sector
- Living abroad in Brisbane, Australia, for 3 months
- Opportunity to show your technical and data analysis skills in a startup environment
- We will pay for your return ticket to Brisbane and arrange and pay housing for you.
- You will get an income of EUR 250 per month.
Preferably you will start at 13th of January 2020 (February can be discussed) in the Netherlands for two weeks and finalize your internship in Brisbane at 17th of April 2020.
Excited? Send your cover letter en resume via this form!
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com