Intern Public Relations (40 hrs p/w)
About the Internship
Independent PR agency Hooton, based in central Amsterdam, is looking for a full-time intern to join its passionate, culturally-led and multinational team.
This is the perfect role for a candidate who is passionate about communications and creativity and
about learning new skills in the PR industry. The ideal candidate is social media and marketing savvy, thrives when researching and contributing to client projects, enjoys writing, and has a knack for administration, systematising and organisation. We are looking for a strong, easy-going personality who is not afraid to take initiative and learn, loves working in a team and independently and enjoys meeting new people. The candidate will demonstrate a keen interest in sustainability, culture, fashion
and lifestyle. It is required that you are a student in the Netherlands, and preferred that you are a Dutch speaker and studying communications, public relations, marketing, strategy or a related field.
Recently B Corp certified, Hooton provides custom PR for companies that strive to offer real cultural impact. We work with business owners, originators and future-thinkers, amplifying the stories of those in the creative, retail, lifestyle and travel sectors.
We choose our clients carefully – as carefully as they choose us. Every company we work with pushes boundaries, isn’t defined by stereotypes or tradition, and aligns with our values. Sustainability isn’t just a buzzword for us, it’s a founding principle. We help our clients to shape a more purpose-driven and environmentally-conscious future.
Our clients include Archwey, Arch & Hook, Possible Future, Graphic Rewilding, Kin and Without Shape Without Form. Every member of the Hooton team, permanent and freelance, contributes to our culture with their personality. We’re a culture-first business – and proud of it.
Intern responsibilities include
– Assist in creating engaging content for Hooton’s owned platforms – social media and
– Updating and maintaining Hooton’s social media pages.
– Working with the team on marketing initiatives and suggesting creative ways to
improve the company’s public image.
– Provide input and feedback on client strategies and initiatives.
– Provide assistance with the execution of client’s PR strategies.
– Meeting notes and reporting management.
– Media research, monitoring, outreach and coverage collation.
– Market and competitor research and analysis.
– Media list collation and management.
– Assist in writing PR copy: headline messaging, email pitches, and press releases.
– Learn project and account management processes with current or prospective
– Client coordination when required.
Make sure our office runs efficiently by:
– Assisting with office administration duties.
– Scheduling meetings and managing agendas.
– Making travel arrangements.
– Assist with organising events from team outings to press trips.
– Archiving and filing.
– Jumping on ad hoc requests from the Founder and team members.
– Spotting opportunities both big and small to make Hooton run more smoothly.
– Current enrollment in BSc/BA or Masters in public relations, communications, journalism or similar relevant field.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong desire to learn along with professional drive.
– Solid understanding of and experience with different social networks.
– Passion and a true interest in the PR industry, sustainable business practices, and an inclusive workplace.
– Applicable knowledge of copywriting and editing.
– Good research and analytical skills.
– Outstanding organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail.
– The ability to prioritize your workload and keep to strict content deadlines.
– Efficiency with Google Drive.
– Must speak fluent English, Dutch is preferred, another language is a plus!