Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Analyst (40 hours p/w)
Hi, We’re Nexio Projects.
At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementors at heart and strongly believe in the power of incremental change to shape a more sustainable future.
As a dynamic team, we form a motivated group of 20+ co-workers headquartered in Rotterdam and have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. We are humble, hardworking and continuous learners.
Our horizontal structure is one of our main strengths, where everyone’s voice can be heard, promoting an environment in which maximum potential can be reached. Because of this, we continuously look for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who can do things seriously, without taking themselves too seriously.
What makes for a successful Project Manager at Nexio Projects? Here are some of the traits we are looking for:
- Joyful & Enthusiastic
- Team Player
- Curious & Creative
- Aware & Aligned
Your typical week:
It’s Monday morning and you’re coming back to the office all refreshed from a great week-end. The week starts with our team meeting, where everyone reflects on the learnings of the past week and shares intentions for the coming one. This creates a space for alignment, awareness and enthusiasm before stepping into the new week and allows everyone to get the latest updates from different departments while hearing about the organization’s growth.
During the week, you can expect a combination of client-facing tasks and research missions. You will support project managers on client projects from beginning to end. The week closes off on Friday 5pm with our gratitude award. This is the time to reflect on the successes and challenges of the week and most importantly to share what we’re grateful for. After this, our team is always keen to stay longer and enjoy some precious bonding time over beer, wine, and ginger beer – on the house.
Is this an environment you want to work in? Are you a curious person, committed to helping business become a force for good? Do you love the buzzing energy of a team striving towards reaching a common goal? Then read on to learn more about the Analyst role.
As an ESG Analyst in our Rotterdam Office, you will have an active role in diagnosing and evaluating a company’s sustainability efforts and implementing sustainable changes within their organization. You will develop and put into practice your understanding of sustainability’s key pillars (environment, ethics, labor and sustainable procurement), assessment methodologies (such as EcoVadis, BCorp, the SDGs…) and reporting standards (UNGC, GRI, CDP…). As training and growth are a central part of Nexio Projects, we will provide you with the tools and trainings needed to allow you to grow as a sustainability leader.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Updating our clients’ sustainability policies, procedures and reports;
- Working on sustainability gap analyses of our clients and developing
roadmaps to improvement;
- Various assessment methodologies (such as EcoVadis, BCorp, the SDGs…) and reporting standards (UNGC, GRI, CDP…);
- Support on identifying the actions and measures needed for our clients to embed sustainability into their DNA;
- Conducting research on specific sustainability topics and having a creative approach to problem solving;
- Writing, analyzing, formatting, and summarizing information, graphs, presentations, and reports;
- Supporting your project manager in client-facing calls;
- Observing team-members and finding ways to working effectively and harmoniously within your project scope;
- You are excited by the idea of working in a nimble, startup environment;
- You are fueled by optimism and a relentless belief that we can improve our world;
- You have deep interest in and thorough understanding of sustainable development topics and corporate sustainability;
- You have strong written communication skills: write clear emails and reports, make complex ideas accessible;
- You are motivated to put your analytical skills to work towards the Nexio Projects mission of building a more sustainable future;
- You are a well organized person who can prioritize tasks and have strong time management skills;
- You are a team player that works quickly, independently;
- You are a doer, who is impact driven and a strong multitasker;
- BA, BSc, License, HBO or WO – with a linkage to business/management studies and sustainability;
- You are fluent in English – Dutch, French or any additional European language is a key advantage;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and other software;
- You have more than 1 year of work experience in a firm where sustainability was one of the topics you covered.
- A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment;
- An environment where entrepreneurialism and creativity are key;
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply your knowledge on a variety of projects, with a training allowance per year (time and costs covered in part);
- A flexible work environment where you are free to work from home for 50% of the time – if desired;
- Transportation allowance if necessary, although we highly encourage you to bike to work;
- Contribution towards wellbeing services (mental or physical health memberships/services).
- A free Swapfiets subscription;
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialize in key sustainability topics that interest you most;
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week;
- A fun, friendly, start-up environment, with:
- A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work;
- A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week, and get to know each other on a more personal level;
- Quarterly team events;
- Volunteering opportunities
- Location: Rotterdam
- Job type: full-time
- Optimal start date: Before the end of 2021
- Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (50/50 work from office, work from home policy). We take every precaution necessary to minimize risk of COVID-19 infection among employees and adhere to all RIVM guidelines
- Salary: around the €2.100,- (+ mentioned benefits)
- Apply online with CV and Motivation letter
- Interview day with case study and interviews
- Video/phone interview round 2
- Embark on your Nexio journey
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experience. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world.