Creative Content & Social Media Internship (32-40 uur p/w)
At Lowlander we brew naturally delicious beers with botanicals – or herbs, spices, fruit and everything else nature has to offer us. Since the Netherlands or ‘Low Lands’ is a land below sea level, we Dutch grow up with a healthy respect for nature. That power of nature, combined with a little bit of ingenuity, creates limitless possibilities. Our purpose is to broaden the horizons of beer and flavour with award winning, botanically brewed beers, distinctive campaigns and activations and our vision on sustainability.
Enthusiastic, professional, transparent and with a healthy dose of ‘Dutch directness’, our strong team of Lowlanders ensures that Lowlander becomes a must have beer; bottle by bottle, bar by bar, city by city. In five years, Lowlander Beer has grown from experimenting in an Amsterdam kitchen to a team of almost 20 people and our botanically brewed beers are available in over 4000 of the best bars, restaurants and retailers in 21 different countries in Europe and beyond.
To ensure Lowlander Beer can continue to grow at the same pace (and faster), we are looking for a creative content & social media intern who is able to deliver impactful and creative brand building content that elevates our mission (in live, social media, website & newsletters etc.). On top of the day-to-day content, you get to support our Content & Advocacy Manager with all year round PR-activities, from creating press kits to collaborate with influencers.
A week in the life of:
- You create day to day social content and ensure that the right message is placed at the right time.
- You are the first point of content on our online channels and engage with fans & followers.
- Today you write a Dutch newsletter to all our beach accounts to support sales while tomorrow you will be working on an English update mailing to all our fans.
- To keep our website up to date you refresh our pages every once in a while, from adding new team members, beers & recipes to creating new webshop products.
- For the next PR campaign, you support in creating an accurate influencer list and help sourcing & creating press packs.
- You prepare our next photoshoot by collecting all props and assist on the set.
- You brainstorm with the team on new beers, food pairings, activations and other innovative ideas.
- You update the content calendar.
- You create and print the menu for our next Botanical Brewkitchen pop up dinner.
- To help us share the story behind our ‘Nature Positive 2030’ ambition, you write a blog about the initiatives we support and how we do so.
- For you, a successful internship means you’re learning, doing and daring. You truly want to be part of a team.
- You have an independent and pro-active attitude (and are not afraid of making mistakes). You follow a relevant, creative education in the direction of media, design, communication or marketing.
- You are an active social media user and know the online mechanism to seduce people.
- Your creative brain brings new ideas for social media.
- You master creative programs such as Photoshop, Indesign & Illustrator.
- Typos are not in your vocabulary; you know how to write engaging online copy using a brands tone of voice (both English and Dutch. Note: most of our output is in English!)
- You have a passion for beer, food or cocktails (or all of those).
- You have the desire to be part of a young, passionate crew that puts Lowlander Botanicals Beers on the map as a unique Dutch beer brand.
- You have the possibility to join us fulltime from March/April or August/September 2022 for at least 5 months (preferably no graduation assignment or research).
What we offer:
- A chance to be part of an exciting adventure, building one of the fastest growing companies & brands.
- Working with a small and young yet professional, diverse and ‘gezellig’ team (read more about us and our Lowlander values here)
- Real responsibility – what you do with it is your decision, but we provide the opportunity to really learn something.
- An inspiring work environment: we are located in the ‘Kauwgomballenfabriek’ close to the Amstel river; our fridge is always stocked with cold Lowlander beers and we regularly plan ‘Botanical Bootcamp’ sessions, quarterly team meetings and Friday drinks.
- Competitive compensation.
- Unlimited Lowlander beers (well at least after working hours).