China Football Marketing Internship at MatchWornShirt.com
China football marketing internship at MatchWornShirt.com
Are you a bright China marketeer who wants to kick-start his career? Do you happen to have a love for football?
At MatchWornShirt.com we auction match worn and signed football shirts right from kick-off for club charities. The season 20/21 is all about growth for us – and we need your help to accomplish this! After piloting the concept in the Dutch Eredivisie in 18/19, we crossed the border to Europe’s biggest football leagues in 19/20. From our Amsterdam, London and Istanbul offices we service over 120 clubs and national teams in 15 different countries. With a growth rate of 600% in 19/20 – a year in which we auctioned the shirts of, amongst others, Modric, Neuer, Rakitic and Kompany – we can’t wait to continue our exponential growth for the second half of the 20/21 season. Are you looking for an internship that offers a lot of individual responsibility and contribution, are you determined, and do you get things done? Then grab this opportunity and conquer the international football world with us!
China marketing internship description
In a team of 3 – including one of our two founders – you will focus on entering the Chinese market. The social media focus will be Weibo and WeChat but we will also focus on more traditional media for PR and align Chinese clubs in order to strengthen our local position. We want to always stand out, be different and surprise both our clubs and fans. There are lots of new opportunities for you to explore in this new market. Being part of our marketing team requires a pro-active and positive mindset, initiative and lots of creativity. In return you will be able to work in various different environments, receive a lot of responsibility and own projects to run and most importantly: you will see instant results!
What we offer
- RESPONSIBILITY: create and execute your own projects
- Work with international partners and customers
- Apply for our Amsterdam or London office, or combine both and work 3 months in each office
- Close collaboration in small international teams
- Money: EUR 250 p/m (Amsterdam), EUR 500 p/m (London) plus travel expenses, healthy lunch, ‘Swapfiets’, and Friday drinks.
- We would love to offer you a job after your internship has ended!
What we expect from you
- You’re clever and ambitious and are currently studying towards / just finished a Bachelor/Master degree in the field relating to Creative Marketing, Economics, Communications or Advertising
- You have a creative mindset and are determined
- You want to do good and contribute to a better world
- You’re proactive and full of initiative
- At work you are passionate, energetic and enthusiastic
- You are flexible and well-organised in your work
- You choose for our dynamic workplace because you got that courage and would be bored at a big corporate
- You are available for at least 5/6 months
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin and good understanding of the Chinese culture
- You’re familiar with the world of football and know the ins and outs
- In-depth knowledge and experience of WeChat and Weibo is required
Send your personal cover letter and resume via this form