CEO assistent/ Office Manager (40 hours p/w)
Hi, We’re Nexio Projects.
At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementors at heart and strongly believe in the power of incremental change to shape a more sustainable future.
As a dynamic team, we form a motivated group of 20+ co-workers headquartered in Rotterdam and have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. We are humble, hardworking and continuous learners.
Our horizontal structure is one of our main strengths, where everyone’s voice can be heard, promoting an environment in which maximum potential can be reached. Because of this, we continuously look for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who can do things seriously, without taking themselves too seriously.
What makes for a successful Project Manager at Nexio Projects? Here are some of the traits we are looking for:
- Joyful & Enthusiastic
- Team Player
- Curious & Creative
- Aware & Aligned
Your typical week:
It’s Monday morning and you’re coming back to the office all refreshed from a great week-end. The week starts with our team meeting, where everyone reflects on the learnings of the past week and shares intentions for the coming one. This creates a space for alignment, awareness and enthusiasm before stepping into the new week and allows everyone to get the latest updates from different departments while hearing about the organization’s growth.
During the week, you can expect a combination of client-facing tasks and research missions. You will support project managers on client projects from beginning to end. The week closes off on Friday 5pm with our gratitude award. This is the time to reflect on the successes and challenges of the week and most importantly to share what we’re grateful for. After this, our team is always keen to stay longer and enjoy some precious bonding time over beer, wine, and ginger beer – on the house.
Is this an environment you want to work in? Are you a curious person, committed to helping business become a force for good? Do you love the buzzing energy of a team striving towards reaching a common goal? Then read on to learn more about the role.
As a CEO Assistant/Office Manager in our Rotterdam Office, you will actively support our CEO. You will assist him in making the best use of his time by providing administrative support. You will also contribute to a great workplace experience by helping with the day-to-day office duties. Your ability to proactively resolve queries and issues will be the cornerstone to your success in Nexio Projects. As training and growth are a central part of Nexio Projects, we will of course provide you with the tools and support to allow you to grow.
As a CEO Assistant/Office Manager you will have a wide variety of responsibilities that can be sorted into three different categories.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Communication tasks – including, but not limited to:
– CEO’s inbox management–replying to emails and pining the important ones.
– Answering and transferring phone calls.
– Taking phone messages from clients.
– Greeting visitors in the office.
- Organization tasks – including, but not limited to:
– CEO’s calendar management–scheduling appointments.
– Coordinating events, such as planning office parties.
– Helping with daily time management.
- Office/Administrative tasks – including, but not limited to:
– Ordering office supplies and replacements–online groceries and other material.
– Managing mail and courier services.
– Creating invoices for customers.
– Keeping track of receipts of office expenses or expenses incurred by managers.
- You are excited by the idea of working in a dynamic and high-growth start- up environment.
- You are fuelled by optimism and enthusiasm.
- You have excellent computer skills – including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- You are a well-organized person who can prioritize tasks and have strong time management skills.
- You are a team player who works quickly and independently.
- You are a doer who is impact-driven and a strong multitasker.
- Flexible work attitude and able to prioritize working across various tasks happening at the same time.
- You are discrete and trustworthy – you will often be party of confidential information.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- An HBO bachelor’s in office management or related is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch – French is a key advantage.
- Your scope of interest in sustainability goes beyond work and is also part of your lifestyle.
- A dynamic, international, creative, and professional working environment.
- An environment where entrepreneurialism and creativity are key.
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply yourknowledge on a variety of projects, with a training allowance per year (time and costs covered in part).
- A flexible work environment where you are free to work from home for 50% of the time – if desired.
- Transportation allowance, if necessary, although we highly encourage you to bike to work.
- Contribution towards wellbeing services (mental or physical health memberships/services).
- A free Swapfiets subscription.
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialize in climate change.
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week.
- A fun, friendly, start-up environment, with:
o A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work.
o A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week and get to know each other on a more personal level.
- Location: Rotterdam
- Job type: full-time
- Optimal start date: Before the end of 2021
- Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (50/50 work from office, work from home policy). We take every precaution necessary to minimize risk of COVID-19 infection among employees and adhere to all RIVM guidelines
- Salary: around the €2.260,- (+ mentioned benefits)
- Apply online with CV and Motivation letter
- Interview day with case study and interviews
- Video/phone interview round 2
- Embark on your Nexio journey
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experience. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world.