Job Specification – Junior Business Development Executive 2019
About I Heart Studios
I Heart Studios is a highly creative visual content studio based in London, Amsterdam and HongKong. We are unique due to our fashion origins and distinctive personality. We are also unique in the market because we offer a full service to clients from highest quality product photography through to conceptual creative imagery.
We were founded in 2011 out of the simple belief that exceptional imagery is fundamental to enhancing brand perceptions and increasing online sales, and we produce best-quality visual content for a selection of high profile clients. The Amsterdam business is growing fast and we are looking for a junior business development Executive to join our team.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be joining a dynamic commercial/sales team, which is responsible for the future business development and growth of the I Heart creative photographic business. The role is focused on sales and lead generation across the service portfolio I Heart is offering in the market place. As a Business Development Executive you work with the existing client portfolio to extend and expand our business relation and identify, target and engage potential new clients for the business.
In this role you will work closely with the client services team and the planning department to book in the clients business and ensure that the client requirements are clearly communicated to the operational teams. The business is primarily e-commerce photography and creative shoots for fashion brands, retailers, department stores and PR agencies.
The primary focus of the role will be on new business development and actively generating new leads for potential studio bookings.This lead generation will be based on a variety of routes such as market research, trade shows and networkingand Growth Hacking via Linkedin. Therefore a good understanding of the fashion and related industries is a definite benefit. The role will be reporting into the Commercial Director, but also work closely with the senior management team.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
Sales Generation – drive I Heart’s market share
- Market research/scoping: desktop research, telephone calls, trade shows and utilising all relevant tools to generate target brands lists for potential new clients
- Targeting/prioritisation:engage and work with the wider commercial team to analyse these target brands lists and prioritise / segment appropriately for targeted and bespoke approach
- (Re)energise: reactivate past clients and intensify current I Heart contacts and leads
- Convert: create and deliver new quotes for existing and new clients and follow up with the clients to drive maximum quote conversion Client Communication – high quality and personalised
- Pricing: create tailored and personalised commercial quotes for clients based on the I Heart Studio products and services portfolio and pricing positioning
- The pitch: contact and engage with potential clients to introduce I Heart Studios and our products and services in a positive and aspirational manner
- Show & tell: create and support the development of bespoke sales presentations to key accounts that have been targeted as potential clients
- Client awareness: understand client requirements and texture and make the right judgements for suitable pricing to ensure maximum conversion
- Know your business:demonstrate fashion awareness and brand/retailer awareness to adopt the appropriate tone and approach for the many different types of fashion/retail brands
- Measure success: actively track, report and review performance of leads, sales quotes and conversions
- Tone & texture: utilise the I Heart Studios tone of voice in all communications to deliver a consistent brand experience Systems and Reporting – process excellence
- Record: update and maintain the CRM system that works as a database for all contacts and leads at I Heart Studios
- Accuracy: ensure all client contact details are always updated and correct for image uploading and invoicing
- Consistency: sending all quotes and communications to clients through the CRM system and tracking all communications for following-up and optimising opportunities for future conversion
- Awareness: provide regular reports to line management on all sales activity in relevant sales channels and with relevant clients
Skills and Requirements
- Experience in sales, in a relevant creative industry
- Proven experience in targeting sales contacts, converting leads into actual sales and revenue
- Strong experience in tracking and reporting sales performance to line management
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills English, Dutch, (German is a plus!)
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- The ability to use own initiative and also work as part of a team
- High levels of energy, determination and commitment to generating leads and converting these leads and quotes into actual sales
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner – an ability to be perceptive and understand a client’s unique needs and requirements, and then good judgement to understand how to convert a quote to a full studio booking
- A professional manner and good people skills for client facing and internal colleagues
- A good knowledge and understanding of the fashion market
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com is a benefit
- Passion, energy and instinct to follow up leads and convert
- Multi-tasking and prioritisation
- Attention to detail
- Relationship building
- Perceptive communications
- Problem solving
- Team player and motivator
The role reports directly into the Business Development Manager who is part of the Commercial Team. The role requires work with client services teams and studio production teams including styling, photography and retouching.The role also requires work with the commercial and finance teams, suppliers and clients.
Compensation: €24K base salary with excellent bonus structure in place. Up to 50% of base salary. This is a Full Time position.
Send your cover letter and resume via this form!