Analyst M&A (40 uur p/w)
Excited to build a career in M&A? Join our team of motivated and ambitious colleagues and work on a wide range of national and international M&A transactions. Oaklins is the leading mid-market M&A advisor with offices in more than 40 locations employing more than 850 people worldwide, while still maintaining the culture and benefits of a small team. We offer great opportunities to operate and grow alongside accomplished dealmakers and entrepreneurs.
Due to our continuous growth, we are currently looking for people to join the small-cap and mid-cap M&A teams in our Amsterdam office. With Oaklins’ international and diverse focus, you will be working across different sectors in cross-border deal teams. We are looking for people that are motivated, eager to learn, and are passionate about M&A transactions. The job comes with a high level of responsibility and the opportunity to experience a steep learning curve. You’ll receive on-the-job training and benefit from working in small deal teams of 3 to 5 persons.
If it’s time for your next move, get in touch with us.
What you’ll do
- Work as a sell- or buy-side advisor for domestic and foreign entrepreneurs, corporations and financial investors on varied M&A consulting projects in a wide variety of sectors
- Conduct industry research and find potential buyers and targets in various industries
- Play a key role in process control, document preparation, communicating with parties, and negotiating to completion
- Analyse the past and future development of companies, assess their positioning in the market, assess their financial performance, build valuation models and manage due diligence processes
- In the context of project work and client acquisition, you create meaningful presentations that get to the point and present complex content in an understandable way
- Experience a steep learning curve and quickly learn to take responsibility and initiative under the general supervision of a senior colleague
Who you are
- Excellent academic background and (an almost completed) academic (WO) Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Business Economics or related
- Relevant M&A experience (for example, through previous internships)
- Excellent Dutch and English communication skills, both written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills
- Confident and approachable
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and outstanding work ethic
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in MS office