Analyst ECM (40 uur p/w)
Join our dedicated Equity & ECM Advisory team where you will provide expert advice on equity capital markets transactions, including IPOs, share issues and block trades. In addition, you will also assist listed clients on M&A buy- and sell-side transactions, public offers and fairness opinions.
About the job
As a result of our continuous growth, we are currently looking for an analyst to further expand our Equity & ECM Advisory team in our Amsterdam office. Oaklins’ Equity & ECM Advisory professionals support public and private companies, management teams, shareholders and financial sponsors on a wide range of (complex) transactions. Having an independent position, we use our knowledge and our network to identify solutions best suited to our clients’ needs. As an Equity & ECM advisor, you will provide expert advice on equity capital markets transactions, including IPOs, share issues and block trades. In addition, you will also assist listed clients on M&A buy- and sell-side transactions, public offers and fairness opinions.
We are looking for people that are motivated, eager to learn, and are passionate about Equity & ECM Advisory. The job comes with a high level of responsibility and opportunity to experience a steep learning curve. You’ll receive on-the-job training and benefit from working in a specialized team.
If it’s time for your next move, get in touch with us.
What you’ll do
- Conduct equity capital markets and industry research
- Work on high profile transactions, whereby playing a key role in process control, document preparation, communicating with parties, and negotiating to completion
- Recognize the client’s need and propose suitable (equity) financing solutions
- Analyze the past and future development of companies, assess their positioning in the market, assess their financial performance and build valuation models
- In the context of project work and client acquisition, you create meaningful presentations that get to the point and present complex contents in an understandable way
- Experience a steep learning curve and quickly learn to take responsibility and initiative under the general supervision of senior colleagues
- Develop relationship skills through client contact and by teaming up with your colleagues from the M&A and Debt teams within Oaklins Netherlands as well as Oaklins offices worldwide
Who you are
- Excellent academic background and (an almost completed) academic (WO) Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Business Economics or related
- Relevant experience, for example, through previous internships
- Excellent Dutch and English communication skills, both written and verbally
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and outstanding work ethic
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with an eye for detail
- Creative, open minded and solution-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Team player; strong social skills